Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Brother Daniel

It's 1975 and we've already gave him a name.

I've already prepared myself for the coming of my long awaited baby brother.

Thoughts of playing together and growing up, rehearsed through my mind.

Then the day came to pick him up with my mother from the hospital.

And as my mom rolled up in a wheelchair, she looked different.

I took a step back, as my dad motioned and said to me, to "go see your mom".

I went to her and asked where's Daniel?

The tears rolling down her face spoke more than a thousand words.

And I knew that I would probably grow up alone.

So yeah..

My heart gets heavy every time I hear the song Daniel by Elton John.

And even though I bank on the forever after.

Memories of loss never seem to go away


No comments:

Post a Comment